Monday, April 13, 2009

Suddenly I find myself in Oregon......

Not entirely sure how it happened, it still didn't seem real as we were driving...

Last Monday I was working at Arby's, Todd was starting finals week, and we were toying with the idea of moving home for the summer.... By 5:30pm Monday the 6th, we were packing, telling bosses we were quitting, and calling the Bishop to inform him he was losing his Nursery leaders. INSANE!

The previous week I had called the Clackamas County Road Dept to find out if I would be able to work for them for a 5th summer. They said there shouldn't be any reason I shouldn't be able too, they just didn't know when they would want me to start. SO I figured I had about a month to decide if we wanted to move home. Todd wanted confiration about my job, AND to figure out what we would do about our apartment- pay for it through the summer so we don't have to pack and unpack and have to find a new apartment, but pay OR just move out, pay for a storage unit, and find a new apartment in Sept- before he would agree to going home. So Monday after work I went to talk to the Housing Dept to ask about our options. I found out that since we would be "returning tenants" we would be put at the top of the waiting list and be givin first picks of apartments in Sept. Which means we wouldn't have tosearch for a new apartment AND we will be able to be back in our ward!! I was sold! Only down side was that we would have to be out THAT weekend! So, I was pretty sure we were going to move, but Todd was at the school in study groups and taking tests ALL afternoon and evening! So there I was having to make this HUGE decsision by myself!! I ended up just venting to Holly and I was ok. SO when Todd finally got done at school I just wanted to blurt out what I had been going through all day, BUT I asked him how his day had been first.... Big mistake! He replyed "Aweful".... So there I was trying to decide if I should stress him out more by telling him that we were most likely moving.... in 5 days!!! I kept it to myself for awhile, but eventually WE HAD TO TALK ABOUT IT! Anyways, He agreed, and we went box hunting that night, and 1 week later we are in Oregon!

3 comments:

1boy4girls said...

Yeah! And I'm so glad that you're here!

Holly Mayer said...

see you soon. packing is such a pain!

Unknown said...

you guys are crazy. But I'm glad your back in Oregon. Actually i'm kinda bummed. I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys this summer. Oh well. Enjoy.