Friday, January 8, 2010

Most obnoxious symptom so far!!!

My newest, and by far most obnoxious pregnancy symptom is "Carpal Tunnel During Pregnancy." For that last 3 middle-of-the-night pees/mornings I've woken up with a painfully numb right hand. Luckily I remembered reading something in one of my pregnancy books and was able to find a little bit of info. In fact, the book states it so well, I think I'm just going to type it out!

"Carpal tunnel syndrome is characterized by pain in the hand and wrist... the cause of the pain is compression of he median nerve in the wrist. Symptoms can be numbness, tingling or burning of the inner half of one or both hands. At the same time, the fingers feel numb and useless. More than half of the time, both hands are involved.... The problem may occur during pregnancy due to water retention and swelling in the wrist and arm area. Up to 25% of all women experience mild symptoms during pregnancy, but no treatment is necessary... In pregnant women, splints are often used during sleep and rest, in an attempt to keep the wrist straight." (Your Pregnancy Week by Week 5th edition- found in week 31)

The symptoms match mine exactly, so I at least know whats going on... and how to try and prevent it, but still not sure how to make it go away!! (yes, I am typing all this with a numb hand!!) The last 2 days the numb, tingling pain has gone away pretty quickly after I wake up.... today it has stuck around A LOT longer!!! It kinda does a wave... lessens then comes back... lessens then comes back... it's very annoying!!!

At this point, the end of pregnancy couldn't come soon enough! With my constant heartburn, back pain, and now THIS.... I just really wanna meet my little girl!!!

3 comments:

JuliaKoponick said...

That sounds like a real pain, in several ways. I hope that it gets better as soon as you deliver. I know that when a friend had carpal tunnel that she did some physical therapy that helped. If it isn't better after you deliver, maybe that would be helpful.

Keeping you in my prayers!

Mallory Ling said...

hey there, the swing does not plug into the wall, and yes it swings in both directions, it also collapses down a little. I am more than willing to negotiate as long as it's reasonable, give me a call anytime and you can come check it out. 208-202/-5363

Unknown said...

I think the Lord makes the last few weeks of Pregnancy very uncomfortable so you'll go through anything to deliver your baby. hehehe

I hope your pain goes away soon.