Friday, October 28, 2011

A First for this Mommy

I want to get back into blogging, and I've decided that I shouldn't prepare these epic posts- or it just wont happen!! Also, I'm not going to try to "Catch up" on the things that have happened since May!

So, really fast I'm going to write about last night.

I went to the "Nightmare Factory" with Todd, my parents, and 2 of my brothers. This was the first time I had to go pick up a babysitter, having a teenage babysit in our home, pay a babysitter, and then drive the babysitter home.  It felt weird.  I was never nervous about leaving Lexi with a sitter, the weird part for me was "Am I really old enough to be picking up a babysitter?!" "Shouldn't I be the one being picked up?!"

Anyways, Lexi was great for the sitter (she even let her brush her teeth and didn't fight her diaper change and pj's being put on!) AND I had a great time with my family :)

2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way. I still haven't had a baby sitting experience like that yet but hopefully someday soon.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way sometimes! I like I am not old enough to have two kids I must me just babysitting. But I guess we kind of are. The are Heavenly Father's sweet spirit children and we are to raise them up the best we can. I'm glad you are blogging again.